• Surface Area: 13,400 Acres
• Shoreline: 208 Miles
• Volume: 1,377,000 Acre Feet
• Average Depth: 47 Feet
DeGray Lake is a reservoir on the Caddo River, 8 miles (13 km) from Arkadelphia. DeGray Lake offers a huge span of recreational area and spectacular views. Arkansas Scenic Byway 7 is located on the eastern shore of the lake, and provides views of the lake, and also places to stay down the road.
DeGray lake and dam were authorized by Congress in the River and Harbor Act of 1950. Congress passed the Water Supply Act of 1958, which provided for the inclusion of municipal and industrial water supply as one of the project purposes. A 40 MW hydraulic turbine and a 28 MW turbine generate electricity for the Southwestern Power Administration of Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma. DeGray dam impounds the waters of the Caddo River to form a flood control lake that covers 13,400 acres (5,400 ha), and a shoreline of 207 miles (333 km). The eventual damming of the Caddo River forced many people to move elsewhere in the area. Brick and concrete structures from former homesteads still stand on the bottom of the lake.